I’ve been thinking about what to get Husband for Valentine’s Day and it’s been a struggle. The truth is he doesn’t care about Valentine’s Day. Cupid, his bow and arrow, and every box of heart-shaped candy could disappear forever and we wouldn’t miss any of it – at all. He buys me goodies – candy, flowers or presents – because he cares about me and he knows that I like the fuss, but for him it’s just another
Husband showing me some love after I ran the Atlanta Half Marathon.
So, I’ve decided to skip buying the sexy satin boxers plastered in hearts and give him some Valentine’s Day Vows instead. I think he’ll appreciate these active gifts to help improve our marriage every day instead of just one.
Here are 5 Valentine’s Day Vows I plan to give my love …
- I vow to make you a pie once a month. (My husband likes pie – especially my apple pie. I only make it on holidays. Not anymore.)
- I vow to flirt with you EVERY day. (I can send him a text, whisper in his ear, or just give him that “look.” I’ll do something daily to let him know he still makes me swoon.)
- I vow to smile and shield you from our kids’ chaos for the first 15 minutes when you get home from work. No more getting bum-rushed at the front door. (I’ve got a twenty dollar bill that says this might be his favorite.)
- I vow to be the one to INITIATE sex at least once a week. (OK, I spoke to soon – this trumps the kids chaos for sure. GASP!)
- I vow to take a deep breath and think BEFORE I get emotional or defensive. (Woosah. This will be up there with the sex vow.)
Yes, these are things I should already be doing – and sometimes I do – but I’ve vowing now to make them a priority. I think I’ll add a few more, print them out on some pretty note cards, and give them to him with a freshly baked pie. Yum! He’s not the only one who will get to enjoy it. Ahem.
How about you? What are you planning to give your spouse – your marriage – for Valentine’s Day? Your own personalized Valentine’s Day Vows might be the sweetest gift.
Winks & Smiles,